BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Tiny dual sport/dr200s/xt225

17K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Squisher 
#1 ·
Bit of a long shot on this forum but I'm looking for a dual sport bike for my wife. She currently has a ttr125 as a off road bike and is comfortable on that but still crashes a lot. So really looking for something small and light that will still get up to 50-60mph for the odd bit of pavement. Pretty sold on a dr200s but they are few and far between it would seem. Also looking around for possibly a xt225, 250's seem just heavier without much more performance and lighter the better for my wife. Hoping to find something used in the 2-3k department but the odd used ones I've seen they want basically new price on still.

I sold my old wr400 and bought myself a drz400s to start poking around some local backroads/trails here. I can actually link up some stellar trail riding to commute to work on now that I have street legal capabilities. Nice to split some of the km between my fz and to have some fun tearing shit up without risking impound.

But now I need to find a bike for the wife so we can both head on some of the local trails/road routes. So any leads or recommendations of other bikes to look into are appreciated. Needs to be as off-road capable as possible and as small/light as possible while still being street legal. Shorter the seat height the better.

#2 ·
those small displacement dual sports rarely lose a lot of value. You can buy one, ride it for a few years, lose maybe $500 on it, and then sell it, and someone will pick it up VERY quickly. Seriously, if you see a good one used that is close to new price, that's usually the best you are going to get, unless someone is selling and doesn't really know the value, or needs a very quick cash sale. Again, you can always sell it for very close to what you are going to pay, so no real loss either.

#3 ·
They do seem to go quick. I saw a dr come up on the island yesterday that was a real good deal just a little further than I want to travel for one. I hear what you're saying but I'll bide my time still and hopefully a good one will show up local to me for a reasonable price. If it was a five hundy difference I'd just go knew. Ideally I'll find one a decade or so old for some significant savings over new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.