SuperMoto Junkie banner

Newbie/oldie back from the swamp

35K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MotoGeek 
#1 ·
I've been in a pondering state of mind with the MT07 and sitting with it as a meh, hmmm, maybe.

As a bike to ride it's great. But there's a few things it's lacking.
1. Slipper clutch
2. Character/pride of ownership.

I walk into the garage and I don't know it's there, it's just something in the corner taking up space. I don't love it, cherish it or feel even happy it's there.

So on my day out with mates at the weekend, I mentioned it and both commented with "well, you've debated one loads of times before and always wanted one, so why not"

A quick message with the wife gave me "it makes no difference what I think, you'll buy it anyway" and I rang PremierBikes and the rest was just a quick "what do you want for yours" followed by "have a word Daz, I want more than that" and a deal was struck.

So I'll be taking in the MT07 on Weds next week and in the not too distant future I'll be taking away this..

2022-05-07_06-04-25 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Which as you can see, is a KTM 690smcr with 460 miles on it. Supplied by Premier to Daz's mate who traded it for a 22 690smcr for the plastics and paint.

It comes with all the electronic gubbins like a QS, blipper and traction control. Along with a slipper clutch and more leg/knee room which will also help me. Despite my best desires the mt07 wasn't quite a happy place on the knee.

I know 690s, love 690s and as crust mentioned "you'll either keep it for a week or many years" and j absolutely agree with him on that.

So, on we go, let the games begin and bring on pembrey and Donington

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.